Welcome to Observ-OM and Observ-TAB
The simple system to format and exchange observation data.
Observ-OM is a model capture 'any' phenotype observation lead by EU-GEN2PHEN. Our mission mission: store individual and summary level observations in a uniform way to enable harmonization and interoperability of phenotypic and genotypic data across human genetics, model organisms and biobanks. Next to the object model we have an tabular exchange format Observ-TAB and user interfaces, search wizard, ontology links and Excel import/export.
Status: data model finished and in process of publication for community review.
View and download Observ-OM applications:
- the reference implementation which is available at http://www.ebi.ac.uk/microarray-srv/pheno (Adamusiak, Parkinson, GEN2PHEN, Swertz)
- the xQTL workbench which is available at http://www.xqtl.org (Arends, van der Velde)
- the BiobankCatalog by the NBIC Biobanking Task force (Antonakaki, Enckevoort), LifeLines (Lops) and BBMRI-NL (Swertz).
- the AnimalDB database for tracking animal observations (Roos)
- the NGS workbench for tracking all around next generation sequencing experiment by BBMRI-NL (Dijkstra)
The most recent sourcecode of all these projects is available from SVN at http://www.molgenis.org/svn/molgenis_apps/trunk
Observ-OM and Observ-TAB were developed by:
- UMC Groningen/GCC (Swertz),
- EBI Hinxton/FG (Adamusiak, Parkinson),
- FIMM Helsinki (Muilu) and
- U Leicester (Thorisson, Gollapudi, Brookes)
- other members of EU-GEN2PHEN.
Applications using Observ-OM are developed by:
- NBIC Biobanking for BiobankCatalog and SemanticSearch? (Antonakaki, van Enckevort, Marshall, Swertz),
- LifeLines for BiobankCatalog (Antonakaki, Lops, Swertz)
- BioSHARE for biobank data integration (Chao, Swertz)
- BBMRI-NL for BiobankCatalog and NgsWorkbench (Antonakaki, Swertz)
- U Groningen for AnimalDB (Roos, Boerema, Swertz)